Wednesday, July 6, 2011

46% Half way!

I'm over half-way!!!!  This site I've repeatedly referred to says that after six months, 46% of people are still going strong.  I don't know if strong is the right word, but I'm still going!

I'm actually a bit indecisive on how I'm doing with my NYR.  This post is late, I've blogged less in the past 3 months, I've run around crazy-like claiming my life is madness. (Which it is!) But I like my life, and while my NYR are not being perfectly executed (if execution is even the correct action here), they have actually become a part of my daily life.  I am no longer making a conscious effort to achieve these goals.  I think that's an accomplishment!  However indecision sets in when I see that I've let things shift in my life, and what was once daily activities have become weekly... maybe.  BUT it's summer, I'm happy, I'm smiling... I think that's success enough.


Summer-NYR fact.  People who 'failed' at NYR, or refused to set them, actually tend to set mini summer resolutions often subconsiously.  People get out more, attempt to work on that beach body, even eat a bit healthier!  Watermelon, tomatoes, all sorts of fresh produce scream summer time!


My Resolutions:

1. Run a half-marathon.  During the month of June I can think of one run I went on.  I failed right? Nope! I disagree!  There is more than running that helps prepare for a big run!  My new training method is amazingly awful.  Insanity and Shaun T are killer.  I do have some concern about the fact I will be finishing Insanity only 6 weeks before the half-marathon.  I originally thought I'd try and balance running and Insanity but decided I'd rather do Insanity and follow their schedule.  And trying to run, play soccer occasionally, after Insanity led me to the quick realization that my legs were dead.  So I'm working on this resolution, just in an altered way... a not running way!  AND disclaimer here, I still plan to run a half-marathon but have no true desire to run one whatsoever.  I do keep it as a goal, but am more satisfied with the fact it's got me back to regular intense exercise which hasn't been a part of my regular schedule since high school!

2. Try new things.  I started Insanity in June.  Because of Insanity I also stared counting calories... While my counting has flopped, I did manage to do the 5 meals a day for a solid 2 weeks.... And I got CLOSE to the calorie intake I needed to maintain weight.

3. Be better at everything. I'm going to use this one to reflect on a friend, mentor, coach, extraordinary human being, that passed away a few weeks ago.  While I consistently try to be a better person, and be better at everything I do, Al Siegel was a true depiction of the kind of person I want to be.  While I am saddened by his passing, I am even more inspired to, at the end of my life, have led a life like Al's.  Al cared for people.  He helped people.  He motivated people.  He listened to people.  As his son said, Al gave a piece of his heart to everyone he met.  Al never expected anything in return.  So I've got some big life goals, that I hope will make even a small impact on someone somewhere!  I'm going to be better at everything because of Al and I'm going to achieve those goals!


4. Find luck.  If I failed at any of my NYR this past month, it was this one.  I forgot to look....


Past NYR updates:
January 1 - 12 percent
End of Jan- 64 percent
End of Feb. - 58ish percent... I bet

End of March - First Quarter. Has to be less than 50%
End of April -  46.8 + or - 2.2... maybe?
End of May -  _____ %.

No comments:

Post a Comment