Thursday, September 1, 2011

32% *

School started yesterday, while it's long been gone since I've been in elementary, middle or high school, that day still marks the official end to summer.  I'm a bit sad.  While fall is my favorite season, summer just holds such a  sense of fun and adventure and carefree-ness... So only four months left in 2011.  Wow.

Fun-ish fact for back to school because quite frankly I can't find any more fun facts about New Years...


The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.


Here's where I stand... My Resolutions:

1. Run a half-marathon.  I'm so torn with this goal.  The half-marathon I selected to run is Oct. 1. There are a few later in the year that I could still run, but this one was my first choice.  I however, have no real desire to run a half-marathon when we get down to the facts.  Insanity lasted for 2ish more weeks into Aug. and then we opted to go separate ways.  (Basically it was ridiculous and we need to do the first phase again 159 more times to be able to even vaguely not feel like a complete failure when doing phase 2.)  I opted to begin my running regime again.  I ran for one week, that Saturday when I should have been doing 5 miles I was WAY busy.  So I said I'd do it Sunday.  But when it got down to it I realized I needed to stop kidding myself and decide what I'm going to do.  I'm not a quitter.  If I say I'm going to do something I do it.  But why do something you dread doing?  What if what you said you were going to do doesn't affect or make a difference to anyone else in the world?  Heck, my closest friends have been telling me not to do it, they're likely sick of hearing me debate both sides on a regular basis for the past 4 months!  I remind myself that the reason I set this goal was because it motivated me to exercise regularly, to try different workout styles, and that definitely has occurred.  BUT again, I did say I was going to run a half....

2. Try new things.  Overly new, I don't recall, but I would say I took on new responsibilities in the month of Aug., I got more involved and active in the things I already do.  So I'm checking this off as completed for the month.
I did do one new thing.  But it's a secret for now!

3. Be better at everything. Can I just copy and paste and edit #2 response??.... my blog and I'm the only one voting, so I say yes.

I don't recall, but I would say I took on new responsibilities in the month of Aug., I got more involved and active in the things I already do.  So I'm checking this off as completed for the month.

4. Find luck. I found a four leaf clover on the picnic table at work.  Someone else picked it.  Does second-hand luck exist?


*This disclaimer is for the fact that other than the percentages I state at the beginning as having some truth in them are completely guesses, cause lets be realistic people, who has the time or money or notion to track people's NYR for every month?


Past NYR updates:
January 1 - 12 percent
End of Jan- 64 percent
End of Feb. - 58ish percent... I bet

End of March - First Quarter. Has to be less than 50%
End of April -  46.8 + or - 2.2... maybe?
End of May -  _____ %.
End of June - 46% Half way!
End of July - I'd like to buy a... 40ish percentage?!

No comments:

Post a Comment