Sunday, February 16, 2014

It's been too long... BUT I'm back and need your help!

Hello blogger world friends!

It's been a REALLY long time since I've put my fingers to the keyboard for some blogging of my own! I've thought of so many awesome thoughts I needed to share over the past X days, months, heck year, but unfortunately all those smart people of the world haven't yet figured out how to get those thoughts automatically out of my head onto this darn blog. (Come on smart people, clearly this is something your 'for-a-better-world' efforts should be focused on...)


So, while I could go on and on with the musings of my life, I want to keep my big return focused on something pretty cool... a project my cousin is doing. Shauna is currently a kindergarten student teacher. She's set up a GoFundMe --  http://www.gofundme.com/spreading-RESbearcubpride -- and is very close to her goal. Now lot's of people are using crowdsourcing campaigns. Trust me. I get it. But I think her's is pretty darn cool (and that's not even me being bias because of our amazing blood relation!)

"My aim is to reassure my students that even though they live in an area of low socioeconomic status where material things exist only in their dreams, that even giving the smallest amount can make a huge difference." 
Imagine if 5-year-olds around the world were all set on the track to make a difference. To take the focus off of the material items that consume our lives, and put it back on simply doing something good in the world for another person. 

Call me a dreamer, but I believe in youth changing our world. So please consider joining Shauna in teaching just one class at a time, the power of making a difference! http://www.gofundme.com/spreading-RESbearcubpride

1 comment:

  1. Marikaye thank you so much fo using your God given gifts to help Shauna with hers. Our family may be fractured but we still have ways to bond. I would love to learn how to blog. Love.you cuz

    ReplyDelete