Saturday, March 12, 2011

Little of this and that

I don't blog just to blog.  And I don't blog just to get noticed.  I try and blog because I think I might have a relevant/interesting story or opinion on a topic.  One I hope creates conversation somewhere if not with me...

That being said, I haven't blogged in a while, sorry if that disappoints anyone.  I've had some ideas of things to write about, but nothing that jumped out at me as immediately worth anyone's time to read.  But yet here I am writing that statement, making you consider is this even worth your time...hmmm....

So this post is simply a check-in with a short story I wanted to share.  I'm still on the job hunt, and in my last monthly NRY update I put about how I'm attempting to connect with people more, and posted positions only where applicable.  Well I've made another list.  And this one has me really excited!  I was getting a little disheartened with the amount of time I've been able to put into looking for jobs (refer back to My Other Job post from Nov.).  I've skipped two career fairs in the past month because I couldn't force myself to go just to say I went, when in all reality there wasn't a company or job at either that I was interested in.  So back to this new list.  I was going through an old internship list for all fields in Communication, and I wrote (not literally since we type everything... but it sounds silly to say I typed...) down all of the companies in Pittsburgh area that I haven't yet looked into.  I got really excited because I realized there were so many companies that I've overlooked or forgot about!  I also noted other companies in areas outside of Pittsburgh, but I would definitely say my search has been back to being centered there for a few months now.


To wrap up and not keep this going to long, I'm excited for my list!  Such a simple concept!  Now here are some of those topics that I considered blogging about but just haven't gotten to or had enough to say...

Taco Bells crisis diverted - Nice job I thought

NYTimes use of Twitter (Article on NFL negotiations) - this is great considering back in Jan. I questioned the use of twitter handles as a source (A Handle that's Credible?)

And finally, I just want to say how impressed I am once again with Domino's commercials and effective use of PR.  I haven't tried the boneless wings yet (I plan to), and honestly I haven't tried their pizza since they revamped it (I'm told I don't even know what Domino's is since I haven't tried it).  Well their new boneless wings campaign has them asking the customer if they "did it right" on the box!  While who knows how many people really will respond, I love the creativity and simplicity of it!  Kudos Domino's.

No comments:

Post a Comment