Friday, February 4, 2011

3 R's and a W.

This is going to be my speed blogging test!  But I think it's a good topic to try it out!

The Superbowl is this weekend, in case you didn't know!

While millions of viewers tune in for the game, I would bet just as many if not more tune in for the commercials. <Insert all the facts that if I weren't speed blogging I would put in about how many viewers watch annually, and how many millions it cost for a 30 second spot costs>

Over the past month I'm compiled a brief list of commercials I've watched.  I present to you 3 Rs and a W.

1. Ridiculous.  The commercial winning this title had this concept... You want to know what you should name your baby.  You can't decide.  So you pick up your phone, text your name, your significant others name and what the sex is to ###### (pretend that's the number) and taadaa!  Your babies name will be sent to you!... Ya, and they are somehow making some money.  Enough to buy a :15 second spot!

 (I'm thinking it was so ridiculous that no one wasted the time to put it up on youtube.  But I will keep searching and possibly bring it to you later!)


2.Respectable.  I've never really loved Domino's pizza.  When you live in a town with 5 or more pizza places, you have your choice and aren't stuck with the same pizza all the time.  Maybe I never tried it enough.  But all-in-all, I've never been a big fan.  BUT that doesn't mean I don't respect their commercials as of late!  The most recent that I think is great is their focus group commercial where they're in the tomato field.

This to me show's they are making a great effort to stand behind their product.  They are trying to understand what people don't like, and in turn, show them the truth.  Kinda makes me want to try their pizza again sometime. And it's entertaining to boot.


3.Really Annoying.  The Schools on Demand commercial is cheesy.  Let's face it.  The song is probably what ruins the commercial because its so dang annoying... yet catchy.??  Even after just typing the commercial name the song is stuck in my head.  Maybe that means they've accomplished their goal... but still it's a REALLY annoying commercial.
This isn't the commercial but some girl singing the song.

 (Again, I'm thinking it was so really annoying that no one wasted the time to put it up on youtube.  But I will keep searching and possibly bring it to you later!)

Finally the W.
W = Wrong.  The Ladders Irresistible commercial.  In case you don't know what Ladders is, it's a website for job searchers that has a lot of valuable resources. The concept, if you can look past the oh so wrong images in this commercial, is good.  Make yourself irresistible to employers.  But really... this is wrong no matter how you roll the dice in my opinion.



So that's my speedy quick blog, I'll surely have to come back and edit when I have more time!  BUT hopefully get's you pumped for Superbowl commercials, and well... I'm sure all but Domino's is wishing they weren't on my list here!


(edits: 1... we'll keep a running tally!)

No comments:

Post a Comment